Information on how Q-CTRL collects and handles personal information
Updated August 8, 2022
We do not and will never collect personal information for the purpose of on-selling that information to others for commercial gain. This policy sets out further information on how we collect and handle personal information.
- 1. Overview
- 2. Collecting information
- 3. Use and disclosure of your information
- 4. Storage and security
- 5. Access and correction
- 6. Careers and recruitment
- 7. Legal basis for collecting and using your information
- 8. Cookies
- 9. Additional rights under the EU GDPR
- 10. Additional matters
- 11. Contact us
- 12. Changes to this policy
Q-CTRL Pty Ltd (ABN 78 622 325 535) respects your privacy and we are committed to protecting it in accordance with our obligations under Australian privacy legislation and other applicable laws to which we are subject (see clause 11 for our contact details).
If you are a resident of the European Union, or the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR") otherwise applies to you, clause 9 of this policy gives you additional rights regarding your personal information.
We provide software for the measurement, analysis and control of quantum computing systems ("Platform").
2. Collecting information
2.1 Why personal information is collected
We will collect your personal information to conduct our business in ways that can be reasonably expected. This includes providing access to our website and platform to you and your organization, responding to enquiries or complaints, or monitoring our systems.
2.2 Types of information we collect
We collect the email addresses of every user of our platform. We may collect other personal information such as your:
- image (if you provide one as your avatar)
- date of birth
- residential, work and/or postal address
- telephone number
- employment (such your employer and/or job title)
We will also collect details of enquiries or complaints you may make and, in some circumstances, may need to collect financial information such as credit card or bank account details.
2.3 How we collect your information
We will collect personal information from you. Your information may also be given to us by someone else from your organization or from another of our clients who wishes to register you as a user on their account. We may also collect personal information from third parties including regulatory authorities and publicly available records.
We will usually only collect personal information from you while you use our website or platform if it is voluntarily provided by you - such as subscribing to our mailing list. We may record your use of our platform for product development purposes and, in the process, incidentally record personal information that you are inputting.
Our Internet service provider will make a record of the following information when you visit our website or make any downloads from it:
- date and time of visit
- your domain name and Internet address
- any other information reasonably obtained by Internet service providers in the ordinary course of providing such services.
See clause 8 for more information regarding cookies.
3. Use and disclosure of your information
We may use your personal information:
- if you have consented to such use
- if such use is necessary or desirable for the provision of services to you or your organization
- to pursue a legitimate interest of ours or those of our clients, suppliers or collaborators in a way that does not substantially impact your rights and freedoms, if we consider that it is reasonably necessary, and
- to promote our products and services to you, unless you opt out from receiving marketing communications from us (see clause 10).
We may also use your personal information to:
- monitor the security of our systems and databases
- monitor and analyse the performance of our platform, and
- comply with relevant laws and regulations
We may disclose your personal information to:
- third parties such as service providers, agents and contractors as required for the provision of the platform to you or otherwise in connection with our business
- your organization
- third parties who conduct research on our behalf or in collaboration with us, and
- regulatory bodies, government agencies, courts, tribunals and other law enforcement agencies, if required to do so by law.
Your personal information may be stored or processed off-site by third parties, including our external cloud service and database providers as detailed in the list of third-party subprocessors located at https://q-ctrl.com/subprocessors.
Personal information (such as email addresses) is currently stored on a cloud service provided by Amazon Web Services which is physically located in the United States. Such information may be disclosed to other third parties, who may be located in Australia, the United States or other countries.
4. Storage and security
Access to your personal information by our employees, agents, contractors and other third parties is limited to a "need-to-know" basis. We take reasonable steps to safeguard your personal information by storing it securely in electronic or physical form, and store information in physical premises where access is controlled, or secure databases. We require our external service providers to comply with industry standards regarding information security.
We will keep your personal information for only as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, subject to any legal requirements requiring us to keep your information for longer.
5. Access and correction
Please Contact us using the contact form located at https://q-ctrl.com/contact if you wish to make a request for access to a copy of your personal information. We reserve the right to charge an access fee, and may refuse access, if permitted under applicable law. If we refuse to provide access, we will provide written reasons for our decision.
If you would like us to correct any of your personal information, please use the contact form located at https://q-ctrl.com/contact. We like to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is up-to-date and accurate, so please let us know if information you have provided us changes at any time.
6. Careers and recruitment
If you seek employment with us, we may collect additional personal information such as employment records, references, tax file numbers, and police checks to assist us in deciding whether or not we will make an offer of employment to you.
We may collect and use personal information regarding your education, employment, nationality, age and health. By seeking employment with us, you expressly consent to us collecting and using this information in order to assess whether or not an offer of employment will be made.
We may conduct screening checks as required and consider you for other positions as business demands. This information may be disclosed to third parties such as academic institutions, health care providers, professional and trade associations, law enforcement agencies, recruiters, and others who may reasonably require this information. We may also collect personal information about you from these parties. We may not be able to consider making an offer of employment to you without this information.
For the purpose of this policy "employment" also includes provision of contract services of a personal nature.
7. Legal basis for collecting and using your information
We may collect and process your personal information:
- with your "consent" - if you do not provide, or later withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide access to the platform to you or your organization
- in order to fulfil our "contractual obligations" - such as for the provision of the platform to you or your organization
- if required to by "law", or
- to further our "legitimate interests" or those of our clients, suppliers or collaborators, if we do so in a way that does not materially affect your rights, freedoms or interests (this may include, for example, the use of your personal information to monitor how you are using our platform and systems to maintain their integrity).
Cookies used in our website and platform may contain information such as your name, email address, user ID and avatar. This information is necessary for us to be able to provide the platform to you or your organization, by identifying matters such as:
- the organization and team you belong to
- what access you have within the platform
- what you have created, updated and deleted using the platform
By disabling cookies, you may not enjoy the full functionality of our website or platform and we may not be able to provide access to the platform to you or your organization.
9. Additional rights under the EU GDPR
If you are a resident of the European Union, or the GDPR otherwise applies to you, this clause 9 gives you additional rights regarding your personal information.
9.1 Right to be forgotten
If you have consented to us using your personal information, you may withdraw your consent at any time. You may ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances. You may also ask us to stop processing your personal information for individual reasons. We will then stop processing your data unless we believe there is an overriding reason to refuse your request.
9.2 Right to data portability
You may request that we provide your personal information in a structured, machine-readable format for reuse elsewhere, or that we transfer your personal information to a third party of your choice upon written authority, in certain circumstances.
9.3 Right to object
You have a right to object to us processing your personal information in certain circumstances. Where your personal information is being processed for direct marketing purposes, you may exercise this right at any time.
9.4 Rights in relation to automated decision-making and profiling
You may request not to be subject to a decision based on automated processing where the decision will produce a legal or other significant effect on you, in certain circumstances.
You acknowledge and agree that your personal information will be transferred to countries outside of the European Union, which may not have a similar level of data protection as in the EU.
10. Additional matters
10.1 Direct marketing communications
You may withdraw your consent to receiving newsletters or other direct marketing communications sent to you from us by email, instant messaging or other means at any time by choosing the "unsubscribe" option (where available) or by notifying us in writing using the contact form located at https://q-ctrl.com/contact.
10.3 Third party websites
Our website, apps, newsletters and other electronic materials may contain links to sites, plug-ins and applications, controlled by third parties. Clicking on those links or other third-party material may allow third parties to collect, use or disclose information about you. We accept no responsibility or liability for, or otherwise warrant the existence of, the privacy policies of third parties.
10.4 Data breaches
In the unlikely event of a data breach involving unauthorized access to your personal information, we will notify you if and as required under applicable laws.
11. Contact us
Please Contact us for more information or to update your details. The best way to do this is via the contact form located at https://q-ctrl.com/contact.
You can also send a letter to us at the following address:
Q-CTRL Pty Ltd
℅ The Quantum Terminal
PO BOX K349 - Sydney Trains
490 Pitt Street
HAYMARKET NSW 1240
If you have a complaint about how we have handled your personal information, please do Contact us first so we can seek to remedy the situation. If you think we have breached applicable privacy laws, you may also be entitled to submit a complaint to the relevant regulatory authority in your jurisdiction.
12. Changes to this policy